Wednesday 27 July 2011

Day 74: Saint sulpice to Trois-Rivere (bodytalk)

Brain: Awake. Kinda. Let's do a system check. Eyes still shut but ears are beginning to function. Ears: words coming in from the other tent "good morning".
Mouth: Mumble somthing back .."smorning".
Brain: turn back off. Head back down

Few minutes later, brain activity again.
Feet: I'm in my sleeping bag brain: hmmm... That's weird, I haven't been my sleeping bag for almost a week...
Brain begins to chug, why haven't I used my sleeping bag...It been hot, right, so that means now it's.... COOL!

Awesome! Eyes open, lungs breath in cool fresh air! Go hands go! Pad rolled; bag stuffed. Tent packed.
Brain: Remind myself to charge phone.
Tung says yum to fresh berries and granola.
Hands: Panniers packed, on the bike.
Stomach: "gurgle"
Brain:"I know stomach, I won't forget my daily bathroom brake exactly 14 minutes after breakfast".

Eyes: Look at watch... Wow only 7:55 , right on time,
Feet: clip clip, off we go!

Eyes; To the right amazing heritage house, to the left beautiful flowers.
Nose and skin: All around my helmet is clean cool crisp air! What a day!






Face: Hmm, what's that pushing against me? Legs? Why are you slowing down legs???
torso responds: "we are heading into wind!".
Brain: "oh no!".
Memory: "are we still in praries??"

Stomach: Grumble grumble, Mouth: "what do you want stomach? Some ice cream and fresh bread pudding from a little cafe?"
Stomach: "grumble grumble"
"ok , How about some fries too?!
Stomach: GRUMBLE!


Legs: groan
Brain: What now legs? Your getting tired? Trois rivere is only 20 km away.

Eyes: La route verte sign.
Left side of brain: "no no, route verte is windy confusing and out of the way!
Right side of brain: "but it's safe from traffic and sometimes pretty!"
Light side of brain: "it winds through the burbs and the curbs are really bumpy, let's take fast route on big road"
Right side: but I like bikes path...
Left side: ok you win right brain, bike path it is...

Left brain: 15 km later, stupid right brain, long bumpy confusing path, way out of the ways. please keep going legs.
Eyes: "here's the campground, ohh no looks busy."

Brain: "stay chill hopefully it won't be to expensive".
Mouth: blah blah blah
Ears: $72, water isn't drinkable
Brain: yikes, no! Freak out alert!
Eyes: friendly campground manger approaches.
Ears: "I can understand your position, do you want to come stay in my yard?"
Entire body: Thank you Michele and Joanne!

Whole body: Michael and Joanne are very generous. Dog Tayo is very cut too. Use stove to cook, stay on lawn, take shower, great company. Relaxed....





Distance: 114.60 km
Time on bike: 6:45:04
Average speed: 16.9 km/h
Distance from Vancouver: 5869 km
Start: 7:55 am
End: 6:50 pm
Wind: North-east (medium head)
Conditions: sunny (26)


Cheers
- The Warpotay Team

Location:Trois Rivere, Quebec

No comments:

Post a Comment